Note: Previous documentation v1.x
This project contains a library and patterns for log parsing and cli tools and installers to use logagent-js as log shipper with the following features:
- log format detection and intelligent pattern matching
- pattern library included
- easy to extend with custom patterns and JS transform functions
- recognition of Date and Number fields
- replace sensitive data with SHA-1 hash codes
- GeoIP lookup with automatic GeoIP db updates (maxmind geopip-lite files)
Command Line Tool
- log format converter (e.g. text to JSON, line delimited JSON or YAML)
log shipper for Logsene and Elasticsearch
service installer for launchd (Mac OS X), upstart and systemd (Linux)
- disk buffer for failed inserts during network outage
- Standard input (stdin) that can read the output stream from any Linux cli tool
- patterns are applied to each incoming text line; includes support for multi-line patters, e.g. for Java Stack Traces and JSON input.
- Syslog Server (UDP) listener - logagent-js can also act as a syslog server and receive Syslog messages via UDP. The parser is applied to the message field.
- Heroku Log Drain makes it easy to ship Heroku logs to Elasticsearch or Logsene
- Cloud Foundry Log Drain
- Results of periodically executed Elasticsearch queries
- Output of periodically executed commands.
- logagent-js applies patterns defined in patterns.yml to all logs and creates structured logs from plain-text log lines
- GeoIP lookups for IP address fields, including automatic download and update of the GeoIP lite database from Maxmind
Reliable log shipping with disk buffer
Logagent doesn't lose data. It stores parsed logs to a disk buffer if the network connection to the Elasticsearch API fails. Logagent retries shipping logs later, when the network or Elasticsearch is available again.
- bulk inserts to Elasticsearch and Logsene / Elasticsearch API
- JSON, line delimited JSON and YAML to standard output
- UDP forwarding to rtail server for realtime log view
- Slack webhook for notifications
- Deployable as a system service: systemd, upstart (Linux), or launchd (Mac OS X)
- Docker Container to receive logs via syslog
- Deployement to Heroku as Heroku Log drain
- Deployement to Cloud Foundry as Cloud Foundry Log drain (thus usable with Pivotal, Bluemix, etc.)
- Node.js module to integrate parsers into Node.js programs
- logagent-js is a part of SPM for Docker to parse Container Logs
- Sematext Agent for Docker - collects metrics, events and logs from Docker API and CoreOS. Logagent-js is a component of sematext-agent-docker. More Information: Innovative Docker Log Management
- Logsene-CLI - Enables searching Logsene log entries from the command-line.
- SPM Agent for Node.js - collects performance metrics for Node and io.js applications
- Custom Metrics - Custom Metrics for SPM
- Winston-Logsene - Logging for Node.js - Winston transport layer for Logsene